Tuesday, 6 September 2016

End of the line ... MAC cremestick lip liner Pink Treat

The end of an era

You know how it is, for years you have been trying to find the perfect piece of make up, be it the best blusher for a natural glow, a stay proof, cry proof mascara, or in my case the perfect lip liner.

I always line my lips, for me lipstick doesn't look finished without it, and I like a good clean line.  I purchased my first MAC  cremestick lip liner in Pink Treat about 4 years ago, and from day one I fell in love, I had found the ONE!!

  • IT was the perfect shade
  • IT was soft but long lasting, it glided on and never scratched
  • IT felt lovely
  • IT gave me the perfect line - every time
  • IT was twist up, never needed to be sharpened

I didn't need to look anymore - I had found my perfect lip liner, I threw out all the other pencils I had and stocked up on Pink Treat, relaxed, sat back and smiled :)

However, my lip liner utopia was not to last - MAC have discontinued my product!!  If this ever happens to you like me you may not believe they would do such a thing.  How come the ideal product for me isn't universally loved?  In panic I went down the eBay and Amazon routes but these supplies soon dried up, and a recent trip to a MAC store in the USA proved fruitless  too.  MAC cremestick Pink Treat (and all the others colours) is extinct :(

Searching for my new love...

I have an ever growing collection of lip liners all purchased in the hope of being the next Pink Treat various degrees of success.  Here is what I think of them so far, based on the colour ease of application and the staying power, price not so much of an option as the MAC one was quite expensive about £18.00. 

1 = MAC 'pink treat't the standard to meet
2 = Rimmel Exaggerate number 105 'under my spell' πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹
3 = Rimmel Exaggerate number 024 'red diva'πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹
4 = Avon Ultra Glimmerstick 'pink bouquet'πŸ’‹πŸ’‹
5 = Sephora 'cashmere pink'πŸ’‹
6 = Sephora 'the pink of things'πŸ’‹
7 = Collection number 1 'nude pink'πŸ’‹
8 = Collection number 4 'pink'πŸ’‹
9 = Palladio 'plum'πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

πŸ’‹ used once
πŸ’‹πŸ’‹ passable better than nothing
πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹ will do for now

Bottom line - I've not found a suitable replacement yet - my search continues...

Follow

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I feel your pain I used to get a lipstick from Virgin cosmetics called Belladonna. Well. Before the company ceased to exist they discontinued my favourite colour I have never found a replacement and oh yes.... wish Smash box would bring back their eyeliner palettes! Good luck in your quest!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I purchased Mac Pro line ' in anticipation' (great name and quite apt)! It's ok but not the same *sigh* xx

      Delete
  2. I'm actually a huge fan of Rimmel lipsticks! I can't use their face products as I breakout as a reaction, but their lip products are enough to make me happy! It sucks that your lippy is gone :(
    Kayleigh x

    scampinchips.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for your comments, out of the all the other ones I've tried the Rimmel ones are the best of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're still on the hunt, you've got to try the Charlotte Tilbury ones in Pillow Talk, Pink Venus and Iconic Nude, and/or the Estee Lauder in Intense Nude! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks, good tips - Yes I am still searching! Recently got a Stila one and Makeup for ever - which are quite good. Charlotte Tilbury - I've got some of her brushed but no make up yet - Pillow Talk lipstick is on my list so might as well add the liner for good measure! x

      Delete

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig