Monday, 2 January 2017

Orange is the new Black (truthfully)

Ole Henriksen - truth serum collagen booster

This is a seriously lovely serum so please, read on ...

Experts agree that Vitamin C applied to the skin can help when it comes to anti ageing, it is an
anti-oxidant and needed to produce collagen and keep skin looking good.  So along with staying out of the sun (well not exactly but using a high SPF daily) and trying to increase collagen production (be that by eating it or trying to get my skin to increase it) Vitamin C is a big draw for me.  Also the molecules in a serum are smaller than those in a moisturiser so they deposit their ingredients deeper into the skin, which is good news when it comes to Vitamin C.  Apply your serum first and then your moisturiser.

This is the first product I have tried from Ole Henrikesen - didn't know much about them before but here is a link to their website.  Very briefly Ole Henrikesen is a he, a Scandinavia skincare expert who opened a spa in 1975 in Beverley Hills and then his own range since 1984.

Good to know -  Ole Henrikesen have signed up to the Petra Beauty without Bunnies campaign ๐Ÿฐ

Truth Serum Collagen booster 


Aimed at dull skin, this product forms part of the Ole Henriksen's Truth Range.  Truth Serum comes in a glass bottle with a pump,  the serum itself is orange and a nice texture - not too runny.  Smells of orange which I find to be an uplifting and fresh fragrance.

I've been using this day and night before my moisturiser.  It can feel a tad sticky so I let it sink in for a short while, I like to think my skin is drinking it in.  I really do feel this serum gives my skin an extra glow - and when other people notice too, well you know, you've got me :)   Seems like the people at Harpers Bazaar noticed too, as they featured it in their Beauty Hot 100.

You only need to use a few drops so it is lasting well, however I have already made up my mind to purchase it again, as I know I am going to miss using it - seriously it is a pleasure to use, and I feel I am seeing results,  for example I'm noticing my foundation is going on smoother and my skin does have a bit more of a glow.

Available in 3 sizes (15, 30 & 50ml) on offer at the moment (January 2017) at Feel Unique about 15% off.  There are also other products in the range which I think I am going to have to check out...

Happy to have discovered Ole Henriksen, just sorry it took me so long!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh I definitely have to try this.. I love how it sounds! I am obsessed with you blog, so glad I found it, your hard work is completely paying off! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks, good to know you are enjoying the blog, your comments mean soooo much :)
    I look forward to reading more about you on your blog xx

    ReplyDelete

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig