Wednesday, 15 March 2017

You Beauty Box - 2 for 1 !!

You Beauty Boxes Review - Feb & March

Not a buy one get one free I'm afraid! but a 2 in 1 post of the You Beauty Boxes I have recently received.
As you know I subscribe to You Beauty Box as a Silver Member (£8.95 per month).  To be honest some months are better than others, (January was such a disappointment I didn't even write a post 😞) however one of the things I still really like about the You Boxes opposed to some of the others (i.e. Birchbox - been there, done that) is you get to choose a couple of the products yourself. Personally I always go first for skincare, then hair, make up last.
Pleased to report that after a blip in January the boxes are back on track - see below

February

I haven't had a chance to try all of the goodies yet,  however I have started my Argan Moroccan Rose Super Repair Hand & Nail Cream which is rather lovely.  I love anything pink plus it makes sense that a hand cream should include ingredients to benefit your nails.  I am all about the nails when I apply my cream, I massage it into my cuticles as I feel this helps my nails to grow.  Delicately fragranced, not overpowering this is a full size product, available online and in Waitrose if you are in the UK.
The Feb box also included another couple of really interesting products Oskia Renaissance Mask and Sukin Super Greens Detoxifying Clay Mask.

The Oskia one has a butter like texture and in the pot it is a soft salmon pink colour, but as you 'butter' your face it turns white.  Instructions say leave on for 10 - 20 mins, it started to feel quite sticky but I left it on for a good 20 mins, maybe more.  You then add a little water and massage it around a bit, it will go white again lastly rinse off with water.  It was very pleasant to use, I have read about how wonderful the smell is but to be honest, to me, it didn't really smell of anything much.  There is enough in this sample size for a good 5 or so treatments, it is packed with exfoliating ingredients so should pep up your skin, certainly left mine looking fresher.
Sukin are Australia's best selling natural skin care brand, certified as 100% Carbon Neutral 🌳 Cruelty Free 🐰 and Vegan 🍏  This is a full size product, called Super Greens, this detoxifying mask includes kale, spirulina and parsley.  I painted this on using my FAB Tropic Skincare spatula, and let it dry which took about 30 mins.  At the time I had a few breakouts on my chin :( so I gave them a dose of Super Greens.  Good size going to last for ages, as long as I screw the lid on tight. Buy in the UK @ Look Fantastic

The February Box also included:
  • Jimmy Choo L'Eau sample 
  • Foaming Micellar Cleansing Water

March

I have pounced on the Skinade Travel sample as this is all about my one true love collagen.  Look out for a full review of Skinade as I am just about to start drinking this every day, will post after a month so expect a thorough account. 
The Hero Project - Vit C-30 Ultra Brightening Serum.  Vitamin C and Serums seem to like each other. This one is from a new brand to me and only a small sample size but containing 30% ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C to you and me) it is a powerful weapon.  In the bottle the serum looks orange but is clear when you draw it up with the dropper.  You only need a few drops and apply it before you moisturise, it smelt orangeish but also smelt fizzy if fizz has a smell?  My skin seemed to like it, however I think this sample size is too small, I doubt it would last much more than a month, the surface layer of your skin renews it self every two to four weeks, will I be using it for long enough to notice any difference?  Good to know Vegan friendly 🐰

The March box also included:
  • bagsy 35% off gift card (no minimum spend)
  • Katherine Daniels Essential Micellar Face & Eye make up remover (micellar water in two consecutive boxes)
  • RENU Lip & Eye Active Lift
Are you a fan of beauty boxes? Which have you tried and what do you think of them - please leave a comment,  I would love to know.

πŸŽπŸ’„πŸ’‹





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig