Monday, 29 May 2017

H.A. Intensifier - Purple Reign!

Multi-Functional Serum 
SkinCeuticals HA ntensifier

This serum from SkinCeauticals is part of their 'correct' range and claims to "amplify skin's hyaluronic acid levels".

Why bother with hyaluronic acid?

You already have hyaluronic acid in your skin, we all produce it and it helps to keep your skin hydrated and also supports the collagen in your skin, so is a good product to think about adding into your routine if you are looking at an anti ageing skincare regime.  It is also interesting to know that a lot of dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid.

If you are starting to see the signs of ageing in your skin, or your skin has lost it's glow adding a product which contains hyaluronic acid might be a wise investment.

SkinCeuticals

New to the market in 2017 this serum which SkinCeauticals call H.A. Intensifier is something I pondered about buying as at about £80 it is quite an investment.  However I was really keen in adding hyaluronic acid into my routine and personally don't like the thought of going along the filler route so compared to that it seemed a bargain (there's a logic in there somewhere!).

You do get quite a lot of product for your money, 30ml and the packaging is very nice.  I like the texture of the serum, (the colour is purple!) its not too runny which is important as I would hate to loose any (it doesn't run off the back of my hand) plus the fit of the stopper into the bottle is nice and tight so you don't lose any there either.  I haven't knocked the bottle over yet, and don't intend to but I think the tight top might be a blessing if I did.
H A Intensifier

Serum should be applied first before your other products - I read once that you should apply products in texture order - thinnest first which is a good way to remember.

I have been using this serum every morning and evening as directed. You only need a little, I dispense only four drops.  One drop goes on my forehead, one on each cheek and then one on my chin, I then sweep it across my face making sure I get some along my jaw line and neck too.

If you go along to the SkinCeauticals website you can of course find all the information you need to know re ingredients etc.  and if you are unsure how to apply it there is a video here.

Results?

I have been using H.A. Intensifier for about 4 weeks now - and I have about 1/2 a bottle left so you could say I am mid way through my treatment.  It is a really lovely product and a pleasure to use.  I can't say I have seen any dramatic results, however I do think that the skin under my eyes looks better, less dark shadows which can be a sign of dehydration and overall my skin does feel a bit softer and smoother.

Initially I had a few tiny red spots, I must stress they were really, really tiny the size of a pin prick and they only lasted a few days,  however I do think the H.A. Intensifier caused them.  At first I was just applying the serum in one place (rather than using the 4 drops method to get an even spread), I think I was simply applying too much product and overloading my skin, hence the little breakouts.

Hyaluronic Acid

I have enjoyed seeing the hydrating benefits of adding hyaluronic acid to my routine and think it is something I need to continue with.  This serum by SkinCeuticals is great however there are other products out there which I think I need to investigate too i.e. :

  • The Ordinary  'Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5'
  • Niod 'Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex'
  • Medik8 'Hydr8 B5 - Skin Rehyrdation Serum'

If you have tried any of the above please let me know.  For now I still have 1/2 a bottle of H.A. Intensifier to go so the Purple Reign continues... 🎸











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig