Monday, 5 June 2017

Collagen challenge - Month 3

Month 3 of my collagen drink challenge

Boots Liquid Collagen
Month 1 was Skinade, Month was 2 Beautycoll and Month 3 is... tah-da Collagen Liquid from Boots the chemist.

Last month I was drinking my collagen at 11am to replace my mid-morning coffee as I had read you should avoid taking a collagen drink close to a caffeine injection.  Now I have read that the best time to take collagen is at the end of the day - the theory being your body repairs itself as you sleep so the 11am drink has shifted to about 11pm.

Boots Collagen Drink - how does it compare?

I purchased these on a 3 for 2 deal plus they were on offer at £24.99, the regular price for 1 box (10 days supply) is £29.99.  Boots often have a 3 for 2 offer on vitamins etc and these drinks would usually be included, so worth keeping an eye out.  I also have a Boots Advantage card so earned 232 Advantage  points as well - all good πŸ‘
Boots Liquid Collagen
As these collagen drinks are from Boots the Chemist it means in the UK they are very easy to purchase off the shelf so no waiting for the post.  Don't get me wrong, I love internet shopping and getting a parcel is always exciting but sometimes you just want it now, and it's satisfying  to walk into a a shop and actually buy something!

Boots Collagen Liquid drinks are pre mixed and each bottle contains 50ml and is about 10cm high, you don't need to keep them in the fridge and they unscrew easily.  You take one a day it's super easy - give the bottle a shake, open, drink and your done - your daily beauty shot of collagen is in the bag!!
Boots Liquid Collagen
You would normally just drink it straight from the bottle but I did pour some out into a glass so you could see the colour - it doesn't look very nice, but don't worry it tastes fine, maybe a bit too sweet but nice, a fruity sort of taste.
Boots Liquid Collagen
Boots Liquid Collagen

Not all collagen drinks are created equal

Like all collagen drinks these are a food supplement so the nutritional information has to be displayed and I always check the label before buying collagen to check the collagen is marine (from fish 🐟) which these drinks from Boots are πŸ‘

Looking at the label there is zero sugar,  flavourings are yoghurt, lemon and peach plus sweeteners.  Each bottle contains 22 calories, compared to 35 for Skinade and 62 for Beautycoll.

What's next?

Month 4 is on it's way so I shall be trying and reviewing another collagen drink soon - not sure which drink that will be yet - suggestion welcome via a comment below! πŸ˜€
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oooh I've not seen these collagen drinks before. Would love to hear your final thoughts when you have completed.

    Jodie - www.jodiesjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have just finished my month 3 trial and month is going to be Liquid Health - Skin Hair & Nails (also available at boots on a 3 for 2 offer). Looking forward to seeing the results, especially on my very neglected nails - may even do some before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig