Monday, 31 July 2017

Collagen Trial Month 6 - LQ Liquid Health

Collagen Trial

If you are a regular reader of my blog you will be aware that I have been trying out collagen drinks in a bid to give my ageing skin a boost.

I am just approaching the end of my first 6 months, and will be writing a summary post soon - so watch this blog πŸ‘€

Below are my thoughts on LQ Liquid Health (month number 6)

LQ Liquid Health - Skin, Hair & Nails


I purchased my LQ Liquid Health - Skin, Hair & Nails from Boots the chemist and took advantage of the 3 for 2 offer that was on.  I also used my Boots Advantage card.

At the time of purchase (July 2017) a months supply, 3 boxes cost £59.98 and I got 708 Advantage card points.

LQ Health is not a Boots only brand - you can purchase it direct from the LQ Health website (free P&P)
Each pack contains 10 bottles, of pre mixed drinks.  Each 50ml bottle contains 7000mg of marine 🐟 collagen,  resveratrol,  hyaluronic acid, N-acetyl-D-glucosamine, silicon, selenium and vitamins, including vitamin C 🍊which helps to support the production of collagen.

All the ingredients are on the back of the box and as this is a food supplement you also need to take note of the best before date (so don't go to mad on the bulk buying!)

Resveratrol

Worth a special mention I think as this is the first collagen drink I have come across so far to contain resveratrol.  You may have heard of it before and if you are a red wine drinker 🍷you are already taking it πŸ€—

It is a powerful anti-oxidant, said to neutralise free radical damage and aid collagen production.

How to use!

I'm not sure I really need to explain how to use a daily supplement drink - you just err drink it! But below is what it looks like out of the bottle.

The taste is very smilier to the rest of the collagen drinks I have tried - fruity, peachy quite pleasant. The exception so far is Beautycol which is still pleasant, but more of a raspberry/strawberry flavour πŸ“

I read somewhere that you should avoid collagen drink close to caffeine, and somewhere else that you should drink it last thing.

Over the previous 6 months I have settled into a routine of drinking mine at the end of the day - but before I brush my teeth.  I think of it as my beauty night cap.

Conclusion

I am becoming a devotee of collagen drinks.

What I like about this one is it is super simple - no mixing just drink.
You do need to give the bottle a really, really good shake though.
Screw top comes off easily.

LQ Health do several health drinks:

  • Skin Hair & Nails (this one)
  • Joint Care
  • Advanced Skin Care
  • Heart Care

I could have plumped for Advanced Skin Care but thought why not try and boost my Hair & Nails too?

I can't say I have noticed any difference really to my hair.  My nails have grown, but not sure if this is down to the LQ drink or the fact that it is summer.  Unfortunately they don't seem to be any stronger.

If you have tried any of the other LQ Health drinks I would love to know how you got on with them, so please leave me a comment πŸ’‹



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig