Monday, 14 August 2017

How I take it all off!! 😜

Beauty Sleep

It's a fact our skin is at its most active at night and is busy renewing itself.  So you need to give it a helping hand by trying to get to bed at a reasonable hour (easier said than done, and maybe a bit dull) and making sure your skin is nice and clean.

At the end of the day I always, always, always take off my make up and cleanse.  It's never a chore, as I really enjoy this bit of me time and the fact that I so love my bed!!  Yay, to the bliss of sleep and knowing that tomorrow will be another day with things to do and people to see.

My nightly routine

On the whole I am also pretty loyal when it comes to bedtime! and have more or less stuck to three core products on and off for most of my make up wearing life.

I rarely go a day without wearing makeup but on the very rare occasions that I do, I still do a cleanse pre bedtime.

The Body Shop Camomile Eye Make-Up Remover 
Various changes of bottle shape over the years but I am glad to say the product inside has remained the same.

I wear waterproof mascara and this one always deals with it well.  It isn't greasy and doesn't irritate the skin round my eyes which can be a bit sensitive.

Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs
I am addicted to the smell of this lovely lotion.  A pretty pale green in the bottle and available in 200ml and 400ml.

This cleanser is aimed at normal to dry skin, it really does the job and my skin always feels soft after, and as I said the smell is a real joy.

I apply and remove it with a cotton wool pad.

Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile
This toner is the natural partner to the cleansing milk, and another lush fragrance.

I always like to finish off my cleansing routine with toner, just to make sure that all of the lotion is thoroughly removed.  I don't like the thought of leaving any product on my cleansed skin as this could block the pores and I do tend to suffer a bit with milia

After these 3 steps I am ready to apply my face oil/serum/night cream etc - which can vary... a lot.
Then it is time for sleeps 😴
Emily

What's your night time cleansing routine?

Shop the post


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig