Monday, 11 September 2017

You Beauty Box - final post!

You Beauty Box - September

You Beauty Box
Apart from a brief break to Birchbox I have been a monthly subscriber to the You Beauty Box for about 4 years.

On the whole this has been a very enjoyable experience, as who doesn't love to get a parcel plus I have discovered some lovely brands.  Recently however I had thought about leaving as the boxes had, in my opinion, been going down in quality and annoyingly a few times my choices were no longer available... grr.

Should I stay or should I go?

This decision has now been taken out of my hands as with my September box came an announcement from You that they have "joined forces with, our sister site 'Latest in Beauty'".

Which means that September is the last box, and You Beauty Boxes will cease to be.

(I am really going to miss their Christmas Advent Boxes...)

The final box

When I made my choices I was unaware this would be the final box, however that would have made no difference to my picks, which were:

Dr Organic Moroccan Glow Body Polish
I choose this as it is 200ml so a decent size and I thought from the name it would be a body scrub, which it is, however it has a sub title 'pre tan exfoliator', I never self tan, or err tan.

However exfoliation it's not just for tans.  I will use this in the shower, and at 200ml it should last a while.

I am not that keen on the fragrance, it smells quite spicy and heavy.  I prefer a lighter, fresher, zesty smell for the shower but nevertheless I will use it.
Buy at Holland & Barrett

Seahorse Plankton 5 Minute Miracle Mask
I was keen to try this product as I had read about it.

It's from a company called Beauty Kitchen and is available direct or you may find it at your local Holland & Barrett.

I received a 60ml pot, which is full size ๐Ÿ‘

First off I like the smell, which if you are going to be putting something on your face is pretty important.

As the name suggests this is a 5 minute face mask.  100% natural, suitable for vegans and does definitely not include seahorses!

I haven't tried it yet, but the mask is said to give an "instant detox... with plumping and firming" so I have high hopes.  If it warrants it, I will do a separate post...

Bioderma - Hydrabio Creme
Product sizes are getting smaller now ๐Ÿ˜” just 5ml, but I did get two.

Aimed at dry, dehydrated skin.  Handy sizes to have for travel.

Aussie 4 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Conditioner
Bonus gift 1, a 20ml sachet.  I have tried plenty of Aussie products before, and they are good, but I can't get super excited about this.

Jardin de Vie 'Grenade' Sensuality
Bonus gift 2, perfume sample, 1.5ml by Weleda I have tried it and don't like the smell, however you might!

Final thoughts

I think that this box if it had not been the last produced by You would have been my last anyway, as it was time for a change.

You Beauty are offering members a 'sign up' offer if you join Latest in Beauty but I haven't taken it up, although I did think about it....

They offered me a Free Gift "worth over £50", a Paula's Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment so I was tempted but they also stated in the small print... 'while stocks last'.

I did look at the Latest in Beauty website, they do an option which is £9 per box (you choose 3 items), which was comparable to my subscription with You  - £8.95 for 3 items plus 2 bonus items each month.

I didn't sign up though as they really gave me too many options to choose from!!!  I know, that sounds daft, they offer lots of items, but none that I really wanted, plus all small sizes.

Also I needed to admit to myself that I was really only interested in joining for the free gift offer, but there was no guarantee of that due to 'while stocks last' warning.  At checkout there was no indication I would be getting my freebie so I didn't complete my purchase and left the site.

Tip:  a few days later after leaving my shopping cart full I got an email offering me 10% off if I completed my checkout ๐Ÿ˜

Help me decide!

When You started their beauty box there weren't many beauty boxes about but they have certainly caught on.

I haven't yet but am sure I will miss getting a monthly parcel so I will no doubt  sign up to another beauty box, but which one??  Choices, choices...  please help me to decide, by leaving me a comment below.

Thank you x
Emily










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig