Monday, 9 October 2017

my milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard!

This is a hair care post!

I know the title is a bit misleading, let me explain..

Whilst browsing the haircare aisle in Boots I saw these bright bottles on the shelf and at first glance thought they were something to drink, looked like smoothies/milkshakes to me!
Maui shampoo and conditioner
Maui shampoo and conditioner

Once (glasses on now πŸ€“) I read the label I quickly realised they were on the right shelf and are in fact shampoo and conditioner bottles.   However the ingredients do sound good enough to eat... 🍍

About this range - Maui

I had not heard of the Maui range before but I still went ahead and purchased a bottle of Strength and Anti-Breakage + agave shampoo and the matching conditioner.  They were £8.99 each which is more than I usually pay, but it was pay day so I thought, Why not?

Maui (which is named after the island in Hawaii) have 5 catagories in their range:
  • Curl Quench + coconut
  • Thicken and Restore + bamboo fibres
  • Nourish and Moisture + coconut milk
  • Revive and Hydrate + shea butter
  • Strength and Anti-Breakage + agave (the one I brought)
What is different about Maui (apart from their packaging) is, at the heart of their products is aloe vera juice and coconut water - as opposed to regular products that have water as their first ingredient, and trust me it makes a difference.
Maui shampoo

Also, they don't include a whole range of moisture stripping nasties such as  silicon, parabens, sulphates etc and are as you would expect the products are planet and animal friendly. 🐰🌎

The Shampoo
Maui shampoo

It is very thick and was a tiny bit difficult to get out of the bottle, however thumping the bottle like it was ketchup did the trick.

It has a lovely smell and produced a really luxurious lather, I didn't need much.  I always shampoo twice out of habit really, but I do have long hair so like to make sure I get it all.

The Conditioner
Maui conditioner

I would say the same smell as the shampoo but not quite as strong.

How to describe the smell, apart from very nice and I like it?  As the main ingredient is aloe I guess it smells of that along with agave, coconut, hibiscus oil and pineapple, so fruity, tropical and uplifting!

Again a little bit difficult to get out of the bottle, when I did, I got a good dollop that I applied to the ends of my hair, fringe and then lightly on the rest.

My hair is bleached so definitely chemically treated, which is the exact hair type the Strength and Anti-Breakage range is aimed at.

After about 5 mins I rinsed it off, as it rinsed away it smelt wonderful.

Results
Maui shampoo and conditioner

Ok so however funky a bottle looks, or how fab the label reads the real proof of any product is in how it works for you.

Results from shampoo and conditioner are usually pretty instant - apart from leave in products that carry on working.  I wrote a post about the cumulative affects of leave in hair care products - you can read it here (its quite good!).

After my first time using Maui I styled and dried my hair as usual - but then WHOA THERE what great results!  I was so pleased with my blow dry, how my hair felt and looked plus it smelt fab.

Either I had suddenly become a super top stylist or it is down to the aloe juice.

Woke up the next morning and went out again with bright bouncy happy hair - I even threw in a little swagger as I was feeling that good!!

If you are looking to treat your hair I would recommended you check out the Maui range, I am so glad my impulse buys turned out so well :)





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BeautyBoo44.co.uk. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig